Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office
Find the nearest Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office to get more information, such as:
- Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office phone number
- Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office address
- Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office hours of operation
Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office Services Include:
- Apply for SSA Retirement Benefits
- Apply for Social Security Disability – SSDI OR, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Apply for Medicare
- Help with Medicare prescription drugs
- Check on disability application status
- Appeal a disability decision
- Obtain Social Security forms
- Obtain Publications
- Obtain an SSN Card
- Get A Replacement SSN Card
- Obtain replacement Medicare card
Visit your local Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office to get help from the Social Security Administration.
Frequently Asked Questions at Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security Office
- How do I apply for Social Security disability benefits?
Social Security offers an online disability application. Applying online for disability benefits offers several advantages: 1. You can start your disability claim immediately. There is no need to wait for an appointment; 2. You can apply from the convenience of your home, or on any computer; and 3. You can avoid trips to a Social Security office, saving you time and money. Other ways to apply for disability: Call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm; or Contact your local Social Fort Wayne, Indiana Security office.
- How do I change or correct my name on my Social Security card?
If you legally change your name because of marriage, divorce, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. You cannot apply for a card online. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free. The same applies once you receive the I-766 card, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and bring required evidence. Learn More About Required Documents.
- How do I get a new or replacement Social Security Card?
If your Social Security card is lost or stolen you can replace it through the Social Security Administration (SSA) website www.ssa.gov, or by visiting your local Fort Wayne, Indiana SSA office or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office.
- How do I sign up for Medicare?
If you already get Social Security benefits, you will be automatically enrolled in Medicare Hospital Insurance (Part A) and Medical Insurance (Part B). If you don’t get Social Security benefits and are not ready to apply for them yet, you should sign up for Medicare three months before your 65th birthday. The easiest way to apply for Medicare is by using the online application.
- Can I schedule an appointment with the Fort Wayne, Indiana Social Security office?
The SSA does not have an online appointment scheduler.
- How do I find out my Social Security benefits?
Sign up for your "My Social Security" account online to review your information, apply for benefits and manage your account. Visit www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ and select "Create an Account".
Fort Wayne, Indiana Additional ResourcesDisability Offices in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Social Security Disability Attorney Fort Wayne, Indiana
USPS Post Office Near Me Fort Wayne, Indiana
Home Insurance Rates Fort Wayne, Indiana
Car Insurance Rates Fort Wayne, Indiana
Shop and Compare Insurance Rates
DUI Lawyers in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Fort Wayne, Indiana Training ResourcesNursing Programs in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Indiana Life Coach Training