Did You Know?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays benefits to over 60 million people including retirees, children, widows and widowers.
What specific programs are covered under the Social Security Act and related laws?
- Retirement Insurance
- Survivors Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Hospital and medical insurance for the aged, the disabled, and those with end-stage renal disease
- Prescription Drug Benefit
- Extra help with Medicare Prescription Drug Costs
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Veterans Benefits
- Unemployment Insurance
- Public assistance and welfare services, including:
- Temporary assistance for needy families
- Medical assistance
- Maternal and child health services
- Child support enforcement
- Family and child welfare services
- Food stamps
- Energy assistance